Anyone would agree that cleaning the home is as vital as regularly taking a bath – it helps maintain orderliness in your house, gives you a sanitary indoor environment that is free from dirt and other harmful microbes, and creates a relaxing sanctuary for you and your family.
Most people, however, would admit to feeling too exhausted or having a hectic schedule to do their regular cleaning. If you are one of those people having a hard time inserting house cleaning into your jampacked schedule, here’s a simple guide to help you make things easier and doable. We have broken down the areas in your home and categorised them into areas that need to be cleaned daily, weekly, monthly, every three to six months, and every year. Finding out how frequently these areas should be cleaned helps you create a better schedule that you are more likely to follow.
- Every day – These areas are the ones that need more urgent attention than other parts of your home. These include your bed, the dishes, cutlery, coffeemaker, kitchen counter, and dining table. Make sure you do your laundry twice or thrice a week, as well. Clothes left in the laundry basket for too long are prone to fostering growth of bacteria.
- Every week – These areas also need regular cleaning, but not as urgently as the ones mentioned above. Keeping these areas clean helps a lot in ensuring you have a tidy and sanitary home, and that surprise visitors will not be surprised by the state of your home. Make sure you clean and mop (or vacuum) the flooring of your home, particularly the kitchen and the bathroom, where mould and mildew can form. Sponge the bathroom surfaces and tiles, clean the mirrors, and dust your furniture. Make time to clean the refrigerator as well – throw out all expired food, and sanitize the inside of your refrigerator. The same goes for the microwave and oven.
- Every month – Though requiring less frequent clean-ups, these areas should still be given proper attention to ensure you always have a clean and sanitary home environment for your family. So, put a note on your calendar to clean these areas on a monthly basis: the vents, window blinds, and lighting fixtures, as well as your dishwasher and washing machine.
- Every 3 to 6 months – Many people think this is the easy part as they only need to clean these areas every 3 months or so. However, most people actually tend to delay this and not get it done at all. Be sure to note these areas in your cleaning schedule and strictly follow it: kitchen hood, pillows and comforters, mattresses, carpets and upholstery (steam cleaning). If you do not have the equipment for the heavy duty cleaning that these items need, there are many professional cleaning companies in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and the UAE that can help you.
- Every year – Set aside one day of the year for the deep cleaning of your home, and make sure you get to address these areas: fireplace, gutter, dryer and vents. If you need more information on how to properly clean these areas, or you need professional help, visit this website and find the experts that can help you!